- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (or whole milk)
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup firmly packed granulated maple sugar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce unsweetened
- 1 large egg beaten slightly
- 2 cups of diced apple ( I like cortland)
- 1 cup of golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl mix together milk, oat bran, maple sugar,
applesauce and egg until blended. Add the flour mixture to the liquid
mixture and mix till combined. Fold in apples and raisins last.
- Grease 12 muffins cups (or add paper liners). Divide the mixture into these 12 cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or till done.